Friday 19 August 2011

Welcome Fellow Post-Pregnancy Mommy's!

First off, welcome to my blog and secondly, congratulations on your new addition. I hope you can use my blog for some inspiration on weight loss. It's so hard after having a baby...a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I was naive and thought that the weight would come off when my baby came out. Duh...what was I thinking?!?
I have always been athletic and in fact, ran a half marathon 2 weeks before I conceived. I continued to run and play soccer for the first 23 weeks of pregnancy. I stopped being so crazy then and just started to walk. I was 125 lbs pre pregnancy and by the end of my pregnancy, I was a whopping 164 lbs. I have never, ever weighed anywhere close to that in my entire life. After Isaac was born, a week later, I got up the courage to step on the scale and I was shocked that I still weighed 155...I have 30 lbs to lose! yikes!! I've never had to work at weight loss and never been on a diet before so this is a whole new experience for me. I want to get back in to those pre-pregnancy skinny jeans again and I want it sooner than later.
So, this blog is dedicated to my experience in losing 30 lbs. I know it's not a lot as there are blogs out there where the blogger wants to lose 100 lbs or more. I have to say, though, that weight loss after pregnancy is totally different than normal weight loss. Physically, your body is not your own and emotionally, your not all together either which makes this project weight loss completely different.
I hope everyone enjoys my little blog. I'm actually doing it for myself so I can look back in a few months and remember how hard I worked and how dedicated I was. Well, that is the plan. To use this blog as a motivator for myself. I hope you all get some kind of motivation out of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment