Friday 26 August 2011

Weather Wise, It's Such a Coo Coo Day...

Strangely enough, I felt quite motivated when I woke up this morning and I am not a morning person. But much to my chagrin, guess what...it was raining and has been all day. Not even a glimmer of hope that the sun would poke out...nothing, not even a ray of sunshine. Isaac and I both get a bit stir crazy if we are indoors all day so we did manage to get out. We put on the stroller rain cover, jackets and I put on my wellies (very English) and braved the rain. Knowing that I would only be walking because I have tried to run in wellies before and I look and feel like a pigeon toed goof ball, Isaac and I headed straight for the hills. I was able to walk a mile and do all of my toning exercises. Phew...barely! And what was stuck in my head during my wet walk??? Frank Sinatra's "Come Fly with Me." My head bobs like a crazy person when I sing it and Isaac stares at me very intently. "weather wise, it's such a coo coo day." But it has a fine beat and makes working out in the rain so much better.
And it has definitely been a coo coo day...coo coo week really. Here's to a sunny weekend and a motivated week next week. And here's to Friday!!

In:
Breakfast: Strawberry & Banana & Almond with honey Smoothie-tastic.
Mid-morning snack: Granola bar that was chewy and had chocolate chips in it so I don't know how healthy that is!
Lunch: Bagel turkey sandwich
Mid-afternoon snack: Ants on a Log: banana, peanut butter topped with raisins. Gave some peanut butter to Elvis (our dog)...I am so easily pleased.
Dinner: Cod fish roasted with roasted avocado and cherry tomatoes. I just put the cod, avocado and cherry tomatoes in a foil packet with some olive oil and pepper and in the oven for 20 minutes. It's such an easy dish and relatively healthy. Had a side spinach salad too.
Cups of Water = 5; Cups of coffee = 3

Out:
30 minute/1 mile hilly walk.
30 Lunges
20 push ups
50 triceps
50 calves
50 knee raises

Overall, a good week. Would have like to have worked out a bit more but I think that is a good start. It was actually enjoyable to be creative with my workouts. I enjoy running but I also enjoy mixing it up a bit. I bore really easily. And it has been a coo coo week with the weather.

Til tomorrow,
Let the sun shine on my skinny jeans.

1 comment:

  1. All athletes know about such unpleasant part of exercising as post-workout soreness. It is usually perceived as inevitable part of our training routine. However, latest research shows this part could be omitted! Found a lot of interesting information on how to prevent DOMS due to proper nutrition and supplementation here:
    http://bit.ly/QrCICo

    ReplyDelete